Saturday 31 December 2011

not sure what to think today.....

It's New Years Eve and i'm just thankful for Ash and Jodi. I wouldn't want to spend today and tonight with anyone else. I've never been a fan of New Years Eve anyway, to me it's just another day. This will be the fourth time we have done the same thing for New Year and I quite enjoy it. Jodi and I will make a dessert and then the boys will make the starter and main course. If Lola and Lukas were here we probably would have done the same thing but at our house instead. We will do it at Ash and Jodi's so that Charlie can go to bed whenever. I do keep wondering what it would have been like if they were here, chaos probably but that's what we were expecting and that's what we were looking forward to.

I'm just about to get ready before we go shopping for the ingredients. I'm reading all the facebook status' about the new year and although 2011 wasn't so great for us in the end, the first 7 months of it were probably the best of my life and I don't want to put it behind me. 2011 brought me the most beautiful two babies and although they aren't here with us anymore, I can't just move into 2012 thinking that 2011 was the worst year of my life.

I'm going to take on today as if it was any other and enjoy my day and night with my husband, best friends and godson.

No comments:

Post a Comment