Friday 2 December 2011

1st-9th August Ouch!

I can't believe the pain is back. I wake up and am struggling to get out of bed on my own without being in excrutiating pain. I keep thinking that the pain must be muscular like the Doctor said last week. I've been lying on the sofa for 4 days which can't be good for me. I have an appointment with the Midwife on Wednesday morning so i'm hoping if it hasn't gone by then she will be able to help.

Wednesday arrives and i'm still struggling to move off the sofa, get out of bed and i'm in pain when I walk. I literally hobble to the Surgery which is 200 yards from the house and hobble in the Midwife's office.

It's quite a quick a appointment and i'm lying on the bed when I mention the pain. My midwife mentions that she saw me hobble in. She said that it was probably muscular pain or perhaps our baby girl has moved again and onto a nerve. She shows me a good way of getting myself off the bed and said to use that technique at home.

I decide on Thursday to phone Delivery and ask about the pain again. I'm told that I probably have pulled something and to just take paracetamol. I'm not one to take pain killers and have hardly taken them since the pain had started. I do the same on Friday hoping that I get to talk to a different person. The midwife I speak to says about muscle pain and tells me that she is sending out an exercise leaflet and details about a physio.

The next few days pass. I'm desperate for some relief and decide on Sunday that it's time for a change of scenery so we go and buy a microwavable bean bag and pop round to Ash and Jodi's. It's a different sofa to lie on for a couple of hours.

Tuesday 9th August - Craig's parents come to Swindon and take us out for dinner. Craig's Dad is working early in the morning so I know it's going to be a reasonably early night. I'm not sure if I can sit at a restaurant table for too long but decide that it would be good to get out.

I enjoyed dinner out but was glad to get back home and into bed about 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment