Monday 5 December 2011

August 10th Part 2

I remember waking up in recovery. The first thing I remember asking was "how are my babies?", I was told that they were fine and huge relief washed over me. I looked at the clock and realised it was 7:35pm and suddenly a large amount of pain went through my body. The Nurse explained how to use my PCA which contained morphine. I could press the button every 3 minutes and was asked to do this continuously for the time being.

I asked why it was so late and said that I was expecting it to be about 5:30. I was then told that they had to remove my appendix and part of my bowel. I remember thinking that I didn't care as I had my babies and that was all that mattered.

Arriving back in my room on the ward, Craig his Mum and my brother were waiting for me. I was very tired. At one point Caroline was the only person in the room with me, she said she wasn't feeling well and knowing what she is like, knew she was about to faint. I heard a thud and pressed my call button. Caroline had hit and cut her nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment