Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas Eve Eve........

We've just got in from Charlie's little party. I can't believe he's a year old! Where does the time go?

The SANDS service at Holy Rood Church was lovely. I did have a moment but I suppose it had to come out although it's not the first time today. We lit candles for our Angels and collected beautiful gifts from the tree. It's quite upsetting to see so many candles burning for our babies. A couple of the girls came back to the house for a cuppa which was really nice.

I know when i'm in the company of the group, that no one will say something which might upset me. It's nice to hear, I hope Christmas is gentle or peaceful rather than Merry Christmas. We all know that's not what we want to hear.

After a lovely hour or so, Craig and I had to go and give Charlie his birthday present. After the SANDS service, I started to feel more at ease about going and by the time we got there, I was fine. Obviously it wasn't this that made me so upset today although, seeing Charlie's face light up when he opened his presents made me think about Lola and Lukas. I always think about Lola and Lukas but certain moments make me wonder about what it would be like to see them open their presents or see their little faces at Christmas.

After Charlie went to bed, we stayed for a little while chatting like usual. It's always the same. We say we are going to leave soon but the conversation just keeps going - we are never tired of this.

Time for bed now but just thought i'd share a photo from the service this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment