Monday 26 December 2011

25th December 2011

Christmas Day was very hard. Lola and Lukas had a wonderful card from their Auntie Jodi, Uncle Ash and Charlie. I placed it in plastic wrapping so that we could take it with us and leave it at the cemetery.

Craig and I opened our presents. He bought me the Kindle which I wanted and I didn't really have any money so I bought him a James May book which he loved. Lola and Lukas had bought me a present which Craig wanted me to open with them at the cemetery.

We gathered up all our gifts and left for Kingsdown. The cemetery was very busy and I thought Christmas Eve was busy! Craig opened Lola and Lukas' card and I then wrapped it and placed it and the one from Ash and Jodi on the grave. I opened the gift from them which was a cuddly giraffe (I have a thing about giraffes).




No one else had sent a card to Lola and Lukas or put their names in any of the cards for us. To be honest i'm a little upset. To keep their memory alive we have to include them every day and if we don't people will forget about them and I don't want that. I'm just so grateful to have the most amazing friends. It just seems that everyone else doesn't want to think about them.

Jodi knows that Christmas was going to be hard and she appreciates that we see Charlie all the time and have continued to keep him in our lives.

One of the girls from Sands said a couple of weeks ago that she is worried that people saying to her about getting this awful year out of the way and starting again will mean that people will forget what has happened.

We got home around 7pm and I felt totally drained. We'd had a really nice day but I still thought about Lola and Lukas as much as I normally do. We watched some tv and then went to bed around 11:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment