Friday 20 January 2012

No Ileostomy Reversal This Week!

I had to ring the hospital as no one bothered to contact me. After being cut off the phone and re-connected, I have now been told that the operation will not be this week.

I'm ready for it now. If I hadn't had an appointment already I would have been fine and happy to carry on as I am. Apparently the hospital are trying to fit me in. When? I have no idea. The phone call yesterday gave me the impression that it might be Monday but when I asked what the possibility of that was, I was just told that someone will call me when something has been booked. I'm assuming that someone will have to advise me today (Friday) if it is going to be Monday. Doubtful that the booking people work on the weekend.

I'm angry and frustrated now. I would be in hospital for 5-7 days. If I have the op on Monday and stay in 7 days, I will be discharged on my birthday. If I don't go in Monday, the op could be the Friday or even ON my birthday. Of course I won't turn the opportunity down but it is annoying that I could possibly be out today or in the next couple of days and i'm still sitting here waiting.

I'm pretty fed up with some people at the moment. It's just so annoying when one little stupid thing sets the mood for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I'm fed up with people being judgemental and picky about everything I do. Who cares? Is it affecting you? No. So don't worry about it then.

I'm a different person now. I have the same personality but losing Lola and Lukas has made me realise that it's my life and I will not do something just because I feel I have to. It's brought to my attention just how much we used to do this and now I feel that perhaps not saying anything, has made it so difficult to get out of this situation. However, i'm sticking with it and I will not be beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment