Wednesday 30 November 2011

May 2011 - Mexico!

Mexico has arrived! I needed the break to be honest. I just wanted to relax and do nothing for a week.


On the first proper day, I was poorly. It was hot but usually I really liked the heat. I thought that maybe it was morning sickness but the next day I was feeling much better and it was Debs' and then Craig's turn to be sick. For me I think it was the heat not agreeing with me being pregnant. I struggled with the heat for the rest of the week and spent most of the days under the umbrella to get away from the worst of it. Despite everything I had a lovely week and was hoping that when we returned, my 12 week scan date would have arrived!

Arriving home the first thing I check is the post. Yes! My date has come through. My 12 week scan had been booked for 8th June.

On Friday 13th May I had to come home from work early. Morning sickness had clearly started and was there with a vengeance! I had my first midwife appointment on the Monday and she suggested that I book in to see the GP so he could give me some anti-sickness tablets.

The tablets weren't working and on the following Friday I contacted the surgery and the GP gave me a different tablet this time. I felt better about an hour after taking the first tablet and could then look forward to our 2nd Wedding Anniversary on Sunday.

I returned to work on Monday 23rd May still feeling a little fragile but so much better and took the tablets for another week or so. I wasn't sure if the tablets were completely hiding the sickness or if it had gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment