Sunday 15 January 2012

Admission Day

Today is admission day for my Ileostomy Reversal. I've just got to finish packing my bag this morning and then after lunch we will go to the cemetery to see Lola and Lukas and go straight to the hospital from there.

Unless any plans change, this morning will be the last time I will have to change the ileostomy bag and mucous fistula dressing. It does seem very weird. I've only had the bag for a little over 5 months but it seems like i've had it forever and not in a bad way. It's just become such a big part of my life that it feels very normal for me.

I think however, it will be nice not to have something stuck to my skin for 2 days on end. My skin round that area is quite red and sore and it definitely needs some breathing time again.


No comments:

Post a Comment